What do passive fire protection companies do?
Passive fire protection is a vital part of any fire safety strategy and is built into the existing structure of a property. Having the correct passive fire protection products in place can help reduce the risk of a fire spreading once one has broken out.
By safeguarding a building’s structure, the lives of staff and visitors within it are protected and the financial damage caused by a fire will be restricted. A fully thought out passive fire protection plan does this by:
- Limiting the spread of fire and smoke by restricting its movement to a single compartment
- Protecting escape routes as essential means of evacuation
- Protecting the building structure thereby ensuring its sustainability and safety
Passive fire protection companies will use solutions which are built into the structure of a building to make sure each individual area contains manageable risks. This is done to reduce the risk of fire spreading, while allowing occupants to evacuate safely away from the fire.
- Here at Surefire we provide:
- Fire stopping surveys
- Fire compartmentation surveys
- Passive fire protection technical advice and support
- Fire door inspection and maintenance packages
Regular fire stopping surveys should be carried out to ensure that fire safety provisions are maintained and that all passive fire protection products are in place and have not been breached. If you feel that your building is at risk of fire spreading rapidly and require assistance in protecting your staff and assets against this, then do not hesitate in contacting us today.
Surefire has been successfully operating within, and expanding their business portfolio across. a wide range of sectors nationally. Some examples of these include:
Surefire offers a wide range of products and services within the Fire Industry and can provide a total consolidated package for all your maintenance requirements.
Call Surefire to find out more about us