Gas Suppression Systems
Gaseous fire suppression systems are ideal for protecting assets where water may pose a risk. IT, Data and Communication areas are the most common applications for using this particular fire protection systems.
Surefire design proprietary gaseous systems in accordance with BSEN 15004-1, using LPCB approved manufacturer’s equipment. During the design process, our team will go through the options available, and select the most appropriate for solution for you and your budget.
A gas suppression system can be integrated into your fire detection system for a seamless building fire strategy. Surefire are certificated to BAFE SP203 for both extinguishing systems and fire detection systems, which gives you peace of mind that you will receive the best solution for your application.
All gas suppression systems are monitored by a central extinguishant control panel, delivering outstanding performance. With three detection zones as standard, extinguishant release can be activated from any combination of detection zone inputs to allow any two from three type activations, as would be required for detection in ceiling void, room and floor void applications.
Options for gas suppression systems include
- Inert Gas Suppression Systems: Also known as clean agent gaseous systems, inert gas suppression systems suppress a fire by reducing the oxygen concentration to below 15%, where most combustible materials will not burn.
Life is sustainable at these levels and healthy people would not notice any adverse effects. Suitable for occupied areas, these systems are an ideal solution for Data Centres, Server Rooms and IT Communications as they are non-conductive,
There are many environmentally friendly gaseous fire extinguishants in the market, including:-
- IG541 (Inergen) A blend of Nitrogen, Argon and CO2.
- IG55 (Argonite) A blend of Argon and Nitrogen, which provides higher levels of gas suppression for longer
- Clean Chemical Gas Suppression Systems: Synthetic or chemical agents are blended man-made gases, which work by absorbing heat rather than oxygen. When Halon was removed from commercial use due to its ozone depleting issues, it was quickly filled by FM200 and Novec 1230 clean chemical agents.
Safe for use on electrical fires, these gases are ideal for server rooms, data centres, stores and archives. Using small quantities of gas with pressurised cylinders, storage requirements are minimal. These widely used gas suppression systems have zero ozone depletion potential, which means they are safe for the environment.
Categories of clean gas systems supplied are:
- FM200 – HFC227 Cost effective and safe within occupied spaces
- Novec 1230 Reduced cylinder footprint
Call Surefire to discuss whether a gas suppression system would be appropriate for your requirements and which type of gaseous solution would be most suitable.
Detection Systems are crucial for the safety of you and your employees, it’s vital that you have the best detection system for your property.
FIRE ALARMS & SYSTEMS
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Responsible Person is to carry out a “suitable and sufficient” assessment of the risks on the premises.