Mon, 31 Mar 2014 09:00:00 GMT
On Saturday the 22nd of March 2014, a fire occurred in a flat in Lincoln that was severe enough to trigger the new portable fire suppression system which was recently installed by Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue only eight days previously. Initial investigations show the occupant accidently dropped smoking materials down the side of the arm chair that he was sat in.
Due to a medical condition the occupant made no attempt to leave the premise and remained in the armchair affected by fire. The occupier sustained no injuries, despite the fire being adjacent to and around him. This portable system ultimately saved the occupants life and mitigated the potential far reaching effects of a fire.
Reported by Keiron Davey from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.